Am 26.05.20, 17:44, schrieb ritesh rao:

I just wish to know  if we set the binfo will that affect the smpp at
smsc side , in other words is binfo is part of smpp protocol ? or
binfo is used for kannel level only?

the 'binfo' field is an abstracted billing identifier/info field, which is handled differently on each of the the lower SMSC protocol layers.

I.e. for SMPP what you get his this:

    /* Set the service type of the outgoing message. We'll use the config
     * directive as default and 'binfo' as specific parameter. */
    if (octstr_len(msg->sms.binfo)) {
        /* SMPP v5.0 has an own TLV for billing information */
        if (smpp->version == 0x50) {
pdu->u.submit_sm.billing_identification = octstr_duplicate(msg->sms.binfo);
        } else {
                pdu->u.submit_sm.service_type =
octstr_duplicate(msg->sms.binfo);
        }
    } else {
        pdu->u.submit_sm.service_type = octstr_duplicate(smpp->service_type);
    }

so in a typical SMPP v3.3 or v3.4 session the value in 'binfo' is passed as submit_sm.service_type value.

--
Best Regards,
Stipe Tolj

Düsseldorf, NRW, Germany

Kannel Foundation                 tolj.org system architecture
http://www.kannel.org/            http://www.tolj.org/

st...@kannel.org                  s...@tolj.org