On 08/23/2015 05:10 PM, rowan wrote:
On 8/22/2015 9:54 PM, g wrote:

On 08/22/15 19:59, rowan wrote:> Have 7 Raspberry units now, 1 model B single core, 6 Pi 2 quad core.> The single core unit is running Pidora, a little sluggish but it is> running e-mail, Apache, MySQL, and is a fax server. Two of the model 2> units are running xbian. I tried running Pidora on the model 2 units> but it hangs on boot.>> There is no splash screen on the Fedora 22 on Pi, just rapid scrolling> as it loads modules, no opportunity to edit the boot options to add> single. I've been using Linux since 1998 so I've tried all the tricks.>> Last thing I did was to take the SD chip and edit options on another> computer. Fedora 22 doesn't use inittab like prior distros, uses> targets. I moved the level 3 target to a backup and copied level 1> (recovery) to level 3 but didn't help.>> I'm wondering if I can edit the user file and add an ID then boot.>.have a look at this thread. might help. Message-ID: <557950f1.4060...@wildblue.net> Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2015 05:12:17 -0400 From: "Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA" <bobgood...@wildblue.net> To: Fedora List <users@lists.fedoraproject.org> Subject: F22 and the RPI2B

<<snipped rest for top poster>>

-- peace out.
If Bill Gates got a dime for every time Windows crashes... ...oh, wait. He does. THAT explains it!-+-in a world with out fences, who needs gates.
CentOS GNU/Linux 6.6
tc,hago.
g.
-- users mailing listusers@lists.fedoraproject.orgTo unsubscribe or change subscription options:https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/usersFedora Code of Conduct: http://fedoraproject.org/code-of-conductGuidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelinesHave a question? Ask away: http://ask.fedoraproject.org

Copying /etc/shadow and /etc/password from another system to the Raspberry allowed me to log in. The root partition created from other instructions was too small and any attempt to update caused it to run out of space. Created another partition using remaining 56GB and mounted as /var, updating now but will take hours.

Put the card in a Fedora system and use gparted to resize the partition. This is in the installations instructions for Fedora 22 on armv7.