On 08/23/15 16:10, rowan wrote:
<<>>

> Copying /etc/shadow and /etc/password from another system to the
> Raspberry allowed me to log in.  The root partition created from other
> instructions was too small and any attempt to update caused it to run
> out of space.  Created another partition using remaining 56GB and
> mounted as /var, updating now but will take hours.
>
> Thanks for your help.

.
my help was not solution, but you are welcome anyway. ;-)

i am glad to see that you did get it working and your solution.

later on i hope to be getting 3 rpi. 1 to play with, other 2 to put into
service as a wifi repeater so i can have wifi in all of my back yard when
i am lazing in the sun. right now i only have coverage for 10' from house.

i plan to set the 2 up with 'corner reflector' antennas. i pointed to
inside of house feeding other pointed to back yard. such works with
amateur and commercial 2 way radios, so it should work with wifi.

btw. in noting how thunderbird 'long lined' what it was quoting i am
wondering, does that happen often?

have you tried <ctrl+r> to quote properly?

--
peace out.

If Bill Gates got a dime for every time Windows crashes...
 ...oh, wait. He does. THAT explains it!
-+-

CentOS GNU/Linux 6.6

tc,hago.