On Fri, May 27, 2016 at 12:44:09PM -0700, Rick Stevens wrote:
> On 05/27/2016 12:10 PM, Jon LaBadie wrote:
> > Running F23, mate desktop and compiz.
> >
> > Each time I login the three volume keys on my
> > keyboard cause no action.  If I go into the
> > program "/usr/bin/mate-keyboard-properties"
> > either as a CLI or the System->Preferences menu
> > and immediately exit the keys work as expected.
> >
> > Can anyone suggest a way to activate the volume
> > keys automatically on login?
>
> I use Xfce so this may not apply, but have you saved your session?
>
> I'm not sure about Mate, but IIRC, by default session info isn't saved
> under Xfce unless you go into "Applications->Settings->Session and
> Startup" and tick the "Save Session on Logout" box in the "General" tab
> and either log out or go to the "Session" tab and click the "Save
> Session" button (which I generally do any time I change stuff here).

Mate has that also.  Typically I leave it set to not automatically
save.  Then when I want to change my starting session I set things
up the way I like, turn the setting on and logout.  Next login,
(i.e. immediately) I turn it off again.

I've saved a session with the keys functioning but it had no effect
on them next login, they were off.

Jon
--
Jon H. LaBadie                  jo...@jgcomp.com