I'm getting an error trying to print with Fedora 24 x86_64. The syslog
message says, "Job stopped due to filter errors; please consult the
error_log file for details." The CUPS interface on port 631 says,
"Filter failed". The journal doesn't seem to have any useful
information at all.

But without more details, I'm stuck trying to fix this problem. None
of the files in /var/log/cups have been updated in a year or more. So
just where is this "error_log file"?

Looking around online, I find a few others reporting a similar problem,
though with a different printer model. But I don't find any answers. If,
after I find the error log, I still can't fix things, I'll send another
message with details about the printer, but that isn't my question just
now. I just want to find the error log.
--
Dave Close, Compata, Irvine CA      "Politics is the business of getting
d...@compata.com, +1 714 434 7359    power and privilege without