Samuel Sieb wrote:

>"journalctl -t cupsd" gives me a reasonable amount of details.  I assume
>setting LogLevel to debug in cupsd.conf would give you more.

Well, it turns out I can get some data from the journal. I find
it misleading that the cupsd.conf file says the error log goes
to "syslog" when it really means the journal. If I change it to
"/var/log/cups/error_log", things return to normal.
--
         Dave Close, Compata, Irvine CA       +1 714 434 7359
       d...@compata.com              dhcl...@alumni.caltech.edu