Am 17.08.2016 um 14:57 schrieb Jon Danniken:

On 8/17/16 3:50 AM, Fernando Cassia wrote:
On 8/17/16, Fernando Cassia <fcas...@gmail.com> wrote:

Anyway, Ristretto in Xfce is really not adequate, so I am asking really
nicely, please for recommendations.
What picture viewer do you use on F24?

Irfanview under WINE.

http://www.boekhoff.info/?pid=linux&tip=install-irfan-view-on-linux

This post is newer and has more info -wrt winetricks, and 64bit-
https://techblog.jeppson.org/2016/05/use-irfanview-linux-wine/

Have you been able to have IrfanView open an image when just double-clicking on the image in your file explorer? My previous attempts at this failed, although the IrfanView application itself, once opened through the wine menu, worked without a hitch.

You can associate any file type (eg pictures like .tif, .png, ...) to applications installed through wine, see eg:

http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/227195/how-to-create-a-custom-command-in-linux-for-a-wine-pdf-application.
In short:
Create a shellscript "iviewstart" somewhere (in my case: ~/bin/):

     #!/bin/sh
   QUICKPARLOCATION="C:\Programme\IrfanView\i_view32.exe"
   PARAM=`winepath -w "$*"`
   wine "$QUICKPARLOCATION" "$PARAM"
   exit 0

Make it executable and change the file associations of your desktop envirement for the respective image types to iviewstart.
I used a a similar technique to associate "Foxit Reader" with pdf-files.