On Fri, 30 Sep 2016 10:29:51 -0400
Saint Michael wrote:

> In short, the most recent update to Centos7, makes Mariadb unable to start
> in both versions that use systemd.
> This affects millions of users. I had to replace my container for a Fedora
> 22 one, and lower ,my version of Mariadb.
> Does anybody of any work around?

I have vast numbers of things in my rc.local file to delay a
bit then restart services that never start correctly (mainly
because systemd has no idea when the network is in fact "up").

Things like this:

/bin/bash -c 'sleep 5 ; service ypbind restart' > /dev/null 2>&1 < /dev/null &

/bin/bash -c 'sleep 10 ; service nscd restart' > /dev/null 2>&1 < /dev/null &

/bin/bash -c 'sleep 15 ; service ntpd restart' > /dev/null 2>&1 < /dev/null &