On 11/28/16 06:39, Bob Goodwin wrote:
> Ok, I understand that. I made the changes to 10-evdev.conf as was
> suggestedmore than a
> year ago, assumed that just had to be.
>
> So in the present case /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d should survive updates, but how
> would I
> determine the sequence in which the files are parsed? It looks to me like
> "conf.d" might
> be something to look for? /N/ext time I will ask ...

Consult "man 5 xorg.conf" for the gory details of what directories are searched
under the
various conditions.  :-) :-)

Bottom line, from the man page....

       Finally, configuration files will also be  searched  for  in  a
directory
       reserved for system use.  This is to separate configuration files from
the
       vendor or 3rd party packages from those of  local  administration.
These
       files are found in the following directory:

           /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d

Note the phrase "reserved for system use".   :-) :-)

--
You're Welcome Zachary Quinto