On 11/27/16 10:37, Ed Greshko wrote:
2 things to note here.

First, that file is, as noted in the comments contained in the file, for evdev
based
systems.  The default these days for Fedora is "libinput" not "evdev".  Try not
to confuse
the 2.
+
I saw a reference to "libinput" but did not know how to deal with it so continued doing what I had been doing, in this case the wrong thing ...

Second, you should avoid making changes to "system" files in places such as
/usr/share
whatever.  These can get overwritten without your knowledge on updates and
upgrades and
leave you scratching your head.  In this case the file you tried changing is
provided by
the package xorg-x11-drv-evdev and should that package get updated or whatever
it could
change that file and remove whatever changes you made.
+
Yes, after some updates I have had to go back and "fix" 3-button emulation, a bother but I am lost without it. Old habits are hard to break, especially when they work better than the alternative.

Thanks for the help,

Bob

--
Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA