Hi,

for those who love razorsharp fonts just like me but got the new v40 interpreter
coming with freetype-2.7 enforced on them when installing F26: the good old v35
interpreter is still there (and I hope it will be forever). You can
use it by setting the environment variable

 FREETYPE_PROPERTIES=truetype:interpreter-version=35

If you also want subpixel rendering, which now is disabled by default,
you can dig into the foption.h file in the config directory of the
freetype sourcecode, uncomment the option and recompile.

I have never been able to understand why people like the blurry and
muddy Micro$oft-like font rendering... gaah.. Now we have to hack the
source to get rid of that crap.

https://tinyurl.com/ybf3fkwv

Cheers,
 Heinz