On Thu, 13 Jul 2017 21:16:56 +0200
Heinz Diehl wrote:

> I have never been able to understand why people like the blurry and
> muddy Micro$oft-like font rendering... gaah

Good info. I'm saving this for future reference, but one thing I have
noticed is that Ubuntu (which as far as I know adopts all
the same font infrastructure as fedora) always looks
about 1000 times better in the font area in a brand new
install, not yet customized, just what the live image
provides.

I've never been able to track down the specific differences
between what ubuntu provides for fonts and what fedora
provides. Maybe they just spend some time picking default
fonts that simply look better.