Allegedly, on or about 7 September 2017, Eyal Lebedinsky sent:
> I have a server running f19 (don't ask). It is heavily customised so
> I prefer to not do a fresh install of f26 and reconfigure everything.

In my experience, you'll spend far more time trying to do what you want
(install several updates, try to get things to carry over from one
version to the next without major failures due to changes between
versions, trying to carry on using software that you use but no-long
exists, etc), than installing a fresh new version on another disc or
partition, then copying old data and configurations into the new
system.

Even if nothing goes wrong, the time involved in several system updates
isn't insignificant.

For what it's worth, I still have a FC4 server, it does what I need it
to do, it's isolated on a LAN, no point in changing it.  But the other
things around it are kept much closer to the current release.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp
Linux 4.12.8-300.fc26.x86_64 #1 SMP Thu Aug 17 15:30:20 UTC 2017 x86_64

Boilerplate:  All mail to my mailbox is automatically deleted.
There is no point trying to privately email me, I only get to see

Damn, I didn't mean to press *that* button!