On 09/11/2017 02:00 AM, Eyal Lebedinsky wrote:

> I looked at my upgrade history and could see that on another machine I
> already kept up:
>     19->22
>     22->24
>     24->26
> so I decided to try the same here. I took a full clonezilla backup of the f19
> system...

In fact, it is doable, but I personally prefer to never skip releases. I don't
remember
if the N->N+2 upgrade path is still declared supported, but even if it is, I
consider
it unreliable (how much testing could have that got?)

The biggest hurdle when you do this upgrade marathons is that if you have
additional repositories (e.g. rpmfusion), old versions of the repositories have
been
deleted.
In that case the best option is to remove the problematic packages, take note
of their
names and add again them at the end. They are not-critical by definition.

Installation from scratch is too often advised.
I got a Fedora 3 up to Fedora 25, during 12 years.
(it also went from i386 to x86_64, the famous "impossible" upgrade)

Regards.
   Roberto Ragusa    mail at robertoragusa.it