On Tue, 7 Nov 2017 08:25:32 +1100
Stephen Morris <samor...@netspace.net.au> wrote:

>      Having downloaded an updated version of the driver from Github
> that now compiles and runs with the 4.13 kernel I have looked at the
> wifi properties under Gnome and they tell me the connection speed is
> 450Mb/sec which is about the connection speed I get under Windows 10
> with the 2.4 GHz interface. Under Windows 10 the 5 GHz interface
> connects at the documented speed of 1.3 Mb/sec. If I use the 2.4 GHz
> interface for the device gnome tells me the connection speed is 252
> Mb/sec.
>
>      Why are the connection speeds in Fedora so degraded?

I don't have an answer to your question, just a suggestion.  What speed
do you actually get when you test it?  If the real life speed rather
than the reported speed is different, then it is time to investigate
why.  If there is a real life discrepancy, then it could be that the
firmware in linux is reverse engineered versus the custom tuned
firmware for windows written by the manufacturer.

Not sure if this will work for you, but there should be one you can use
somewhere on the web.

https://fast.com/