On 03/04/18 11:28, Erik P. Olsen wrote:
On 2018-03-04 at 10:49:02 Bob Goodwin wrote:

I wanted to try Claws-Mail but after several days of sporadic attempts
to filter messages into my usual directories I am ready to admit defeat
and remove Claws. It was installed via dnf in this updated Fedora 27. I
asked on the Claws list but there was no response.

As a last resort perhaps someone can give me an example of a working set
of entries for the filter menu? I tried what appeared reasonable based
on what help I found in google but it always refused to save.

.
Configuration -> Filtering

 From then on you give the filter a name and press the two define buttons on
the right of
the display and I am sure you can find the right way to create a filter. It's a
piece of
cake.
"It's a piece of cake." For you perhaps but I've spent more time than I want to admit trying to get something in those entries that would even begin to work like "move #mh/Mailbox/inbox/Fedora." That's about all I've found. I made the list of inbox subdirectories of which Fedora us one. but there are other items, the entries for which are not  obvious or suggested anywhere that I have found [examples].

--

Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA
http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD