On 4/3/18 9:02 pm, Ed Greshko wrote:
On 03/04/18 16:16, Stephen Morris wrote:
Thanks Ed, I made that change and it rectified the lagging issues with gdm and
gnome. Now to work out why dkms hasn't compiled the nvidia driver under the new
kernel.

FWIW, the lagging issues may be a byproduct of your video driver.

Anyway, while I use the nVidia drivers I get mine from rpmfusion and dkms isn't
used
with their packages.  So, you may have to seek help from wherever you've
obtained
your drivers.

Thanks Ed. I haven't worked out why dkms did compile only the nvidia drivers (unless its because I don't have the metadata package to track kernel updates for the repositories binary drivers), my wifi driver and mouse driver were compiled normally for the new kernel.

It is possible the video driver is the culprit, the repository has been a little slow in the past providing support for Wayland, this could explain why it happened with a system update, but having said that I don't see why older versions of the driver would work fine but this version not, unless Gnome Shell uses features that have only just been provided in the new version.

As a matter of interest, which version of the nvidia drivers are you using?

regards,

Steve