I still use Skype since my contact come from various type of OS on
they machine. So I keep using skype protocol but using pidgin
(skype4pidgin), it very lightweight compare to official skype
software.

Check the project here : https://github.com/EionRobb/skype4pidgin
,Fedora has this package , so just install from our repository

$ sudo dnf install purple-skypeweb pidgin-skypeweb

Sending document seem have some issues, but I don't care much. I can
send via web when needed. If you still care and want self hosted, take
a look on Jitsi project.

Last not least, riot.im and tox.chat also good platform to try

--

Best Regards,
RN