On 05/18/18 13:48, Frédéric wrote:
>> It may have been rebuilding the initramfs if there was a kernel update
>> or an SELinux relabel operation (really common on an upgrade, say from
>> F27->F28). If it happens again and if you have an LED showing disk
>> activity, watch it. If it's blinking like mad or on steadily, that's
>> probably what's going on (I love LEDs...but I also liked front panels
>> on my Imsai, Altair and PDP-11s).
>>
>> The first boot after an upgrade always seems to take a while for me, so
>> when I do it I just take a coffee break for 10 minutes or so. If things
>> aren't working by then, I go into spelunker mode to sort it out.
> Then do you think I should run manually the SElinux relabeling?
> Because I may have stopped it when I turned the computer off?
> What about the initramfs thing?

Unlike Rick, I have never experienced a SElinux relabel at boot after an
upgrade.

All of my boots after upgrade will take more time than usual since I run the
binary
nVidia drivers and it needs to be built for the new kernel at boot time as they
aren't built during the upgrade process.

--
Conjecture is just a conclusion based on incomplete information. It isn't a
fact.