On 11/5/18 10:03 PM, Paul Allen Newell wrote:
ToddAndMargo:

I am struggling with this one as well. To the best of my googling, it seems that the "sync" command needs to be done before clicking "safely remove" (or whatever). Documentation also says that "sudo umount <stick>" should do it, but I have experienced at least one instance where it didn't seem like it worked ... not certain what happened.

I am still testing but I "think" I am seeing that doing a "safely remove" and then a sync before physically removing gives best result (as in no pop-up warning). Do not understand why this is.

Not happy that the led light is vanishing on newer sticks ...

The "sync" command does not appear to be all that nice to the stick and there doesn't appear to be any way to isolate the "sync" to the stick.

I would hope that someone on this user-list who is more knowledgeable will correct me with a better way.

Best,
Paul