On 11/9/18 8:35 AM, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 11/08/2018 04:46 PM, Paul Smith wrote:
>> Thanks, Ed. I did issue the command you recommend, but with no
>> success. I guess the Permissive mode does not completely disable
>> Selinux.
>
> No.  It generates alerts just like enforcing mode, but that's all.  It
> doesn't stop
> programs from doing whatever's causing the alerts, making it possible to
> troubleshoot
> the root causes.

I definitely believe Rick on this.

I just did some research and found....

When we said that running in permissive mode has the system run as if SELinux
was not
enabled, we weren't really lying... well, perhaps a bit.

There is the matter of SELinux-aware applications. These are applications that
know about
SELinux on a system, and behave differently when SELinux is enabled or not.
Most of these
applications however do not change their behavior based on the permissive or
enforcing
mode - only if SELinux is truly disabled. But that does mean that running your
system in
permissive might still have applications behave as if SELinux was in enforcing
mode, or at
least behave differently than when SELinux is disabled.

--
Fedora Users - The place to go to beat OT dead horses :-) :-)