On 11/11/18 9:06 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
> On 11/11/18 8:35 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
>> On 11/11/18 6:31 PM, Marco Guazzone wrote:
>>> If I open LibreOffice and leave the mouse pointer over a recent document
>>> preview image,
>>> this image starts blinking.
>>> A similar issue happens if I leave the mouse pointer over a menu icon
>>> (e.g., open a
>>> document and move the mouse pointer over the "Save" button; the image will
>>> start
>>> flickering).
>>>
>>> This issue is not present under GNOME (I tried both in the Wayland and the
>>> X.org version
>>> of GNOME).
>> It also happens in KDE.  So, not related to Xfce.
>>
>> Should probably should check under MATE.
>>
> FYI, the flickering is fixed if I install libreoffice-kde4.  However, another
> problem
> happens if I change to Chinese input with ibus and try to enter Chinese text.
>  LibreOffice will crash.

Erasing libreoffice-gtk3 will stop the flickering on KDE and allow me to enter
Chinese.
Using libreoffice-gtk2 instead of libreoffice-gtk3 does cause issues with the
display of
some fonts in previously created documents.  So, I'm not sure which is worse.
The
flickering or having to fix previous documents.  Probably the flickering I can
live with
easier.
--
Fedora Users - The place to go to beat OT dead horses :-) :-)