On Tue, 4 Jun 2019 18:24:42 -0700 Samuel Sieb <sam...@sieb.net> wrote:

> On 6/4/19 5:45 PM, Ranjan Maitra wrote:

> >> I assume this is from the firmware?  I don't understand why it would be
> >> telling you it's offline though.  "Splash screen"?  What does it mean by
> >> "offline"?  I've never seen something like that.
> >
> > Sorry, this was not clear.
> >
> > On the screen after the "Dell", the T5810 lists the available hardware. The
> > first entry is of the SSD which is RAID0 and "Offline" (the latter in red).
>
> It's a hardware RAID?  You have two SSDs in the computer?  Have you gone
> into setup to see what the RAID configuration says?

Yes, it is a hardware RAID. The BIOS is very confusing but it does not say
anything in there (anymore). My understanding is (and I am green here) is that
the SSD drive is 2 x 60GB and stripped to 120GB.  I don't know what this means
(but yes, one drive is a mirror of the other, and I only had access to 60GB
when I installed last week).

Thanks again!
Ranjan