On 11/06/2019 05:44, Samuel Sieb wrote:
On 6/10/19 4:55 PM, Douglas G Mckendrick via users wrote:
Is there still an rpm repository you can search?  I'm not too keen on the new software list.  It doesn't seem to want to show all searches of software, more fedora recommendations?   Unless maybe it was the updates needed doing first.

If you want to search everything, you need to use dnf on the command line.  The Gnome Software application only shows graphical applications, not libraries or command line tools.  (It will do updates of everything though.)

In the el7 clone, SL7, I find yumex, the Yum Extender, is a useful graphical package manager. It's in the epel repo.

Yumex-dnf seems to have been dropped. I think the nearest equivalent in F30 is probably dnfdragora. I sometimes use it in F29.

Raw package lists here:

https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/releases/30/Everything/x86_64/os/Packages/

John P