Hi,

I am on a fully updated F31 and I would like my traffic (especially postfix) to
go through Cisco's AnyConnect VPN when that is up. (I am reduced to having to
use this proprietary software because of 2-factor authentication required for
VPN at my institution.)

Anyway, I came across the following 7-year old example:

http://tim.rideyourbike.org/2013/02/force-traffic-through-your-cisco.html

and the following 4-year old example:

https://sweetcode.io/routing-all-traffic-through-a-vpn-gateway-on-linux/

But I was wondering if there is a better option.

Alternatively, or perhaps what will meet my needs, is it possible to have the
at least postfix traffic go through VPN? If so, how do I do this.

I am not knowledgeable about all this, so please also pardon my naivette.

Many thanks again for your help, and best wishes,
Ranjan