Hi,

On Sat, 21 Mar 2020 09:11:56 -0400 Kevin Becker <ke...@kevinbecker.org> wrote:

> I use openconnect to connect to my workplace Cisco AnyConnect VPN
> regularly. We don't require 2-factor auth but it looks like openconnect
> supports it.
>
> https://dmoerner.wordpress.com/2015/11/04/howto-openconnect-vpn-with-duo-multifactor-authentication/

Thanks! I used to use NetworkManager-openconnect until the switch about 7
months ago. Unfortunately, unlike most educational institutions, we went with
okta which appears to be more used in businesses perhaps. It appears to be
possible based on okta's blurbs (the sites are fairly informative but at too
technical a level for me and I can not figure it out easily) and no one has
recorded it as clearly in the same manner as in the page that you have provided
in the link above. One nice thing about the Cisco anyconnect interface is how
very rarely it asks for the OTP, however, unlike openconnect previously, it
does not prefill the username and password because it is not integrated with
the keyring (I guess). Cisco's anyconnect also tries to reconnect immediately
after dropping connection.

> I leave our default split-tunnelling configuration enabled.  This
> routes only traffic bound for my workplace subnets through the VPN and
> everything else goes out through my local network.  However, you can do
> a lot of custom config via the command line.  The config and startup
> script are in /etc/vpnc, but I just use the Gnome GUI interface for
> Network Manager to configure mine.  In the GUI there is a checkbox for
> "Use this connection only for resources on its network" that if you
> uncheck should route all traffic through the VPN.

Where do you find this checkbox? I have looked at all the GUI options but can
not find it.  Btw, NetworkManager in the Connection Information recognizes both
the interfaces.

Thanks,
Ranjan

> On Fri, 2020-03-20 at 22:46 -0500, Ranjan Maitra wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am on a fully updated F31 and I would like my traffic (especially
> > postfix) to go through Cisco's AnyConnect VPN when that is up. (I am
> > reduced to having to use this proprietary software because of 2-
> > factor authentication required for VPN at my institution.)
> >
> > Anyway, I came across the following 7-year old example:
> >
> > http://tim.rideyourbike.org/2013/02/force-traffic-through-your-cisco.html
> >
> > and the following 4-year old example:
> >
> > https://sweetcode.io/routing-all-traffic-through-a-vpn-gateway-on-linux/
> >
> > But I was wondering if there is a better option.
> >
> > Alternatively, or perhaps what will meet my needs, is it possible to
> > have the at least postfix traffic go through VPN? If so, how do I do
> > this.
> >
> > I am not knowledgeable about all this, so please also pardon my
> > naivette.
> >
> > Many thanks again for your help, and best wishes,
> > Ranjan

Important Notice: This mailbox is ignored: e-mails are set to be deleted on