Dear friends,

Sorry, this is OT but I thought that some of you might have suggestions.

I want to have an on-screen indicator in the form of a icon or something that
is blinking red if vpn is disconnected and steady green if vpn is up. Could
also be extended to other features but right now let us go with this.

The reason I need this is because the Cisco icon (that I need for VPN because
of required third-party 2FA) is very tiny and almost impossible to see. It is
time-consuming and distracting to constantly have to hover over the icon to see
whether it says Connected and Disconnected.

So, I am thinking of a small script that will check every second (say) if VPN
is on or off and then display accordingly. The script part, I think I can write
on my own. It is what th script will do/call that i am having trouble with. So
any suggestions as to what I could do.

Now, I am aware that I can perhaps get something like conky to be set up for
this, but I was hoping to have something far simpler. But I do not quite know
how to do the simple display part.

My apologies again that this has nothing to do with Fedora, but I come as a
proud and happy user of its 31 editions.

Many thanks and best wishes,
Ranjan