On Mon, 04 May 2020 13:31:40 -0700, Samuel Sieb wrote:

> What does "cat /etc/fedora-release" tell you?

        It said 32, much to my surprise. I was pretty sure (to my earlier
surprise) that all the packages it had been showing me were 31.

> If it says you're on F31, then run:
> "dnf system-upgrade download --release=32 --allowerasing"

        See below.

> If it says you're on F32, then run:
> "dnf distro-sync"
> and see what that offers to do.

        It hit a great long (half a screenful) list of problems.
        I tried the upgrade; it reminded me to refresh, and I did; it
installed inxi, whatever that is.
        Then it hit the upgrade problems again, and this time suggested
"--allowerasing"; so I added that to " --skip-broken."

        It stopped with the problem of sudo, systemd, and systemd-udev
--
Beartooth Staffwright, Not Quite Clueless Power User
Remember I know little (precious little!) of where up is!