On Mon, 2020-09-28 at 15:44 -0400, Bob Goodwin wrote:
> I have  some JPEG files on a Western Digital My cloud drive that I
> would like to extract. I regret ever getting involved with it but now
> I need to get the files off it and the software they provide to do
> that is for Windows. Has anyone found a way to do this with Fedora,
> F-32 preferably?

I have done it in the past, though I've usually used such devices with
a Mac (which handle them easily, but the WD Cloud is crap at individual
users owning their own files).

If the device is set up properly (there's user-account options
available in its webpage interface), then they support Samba (SMB) and
can support NFS, can support FTP.  Some may even have a rudimentary
file browser in their webpage interface.

If you're at the end of your tether, you can disassemble the cloud
device, and plug the hard drive into a spare SATA port on your
computer, or use one of those SATA to USB adaptors, and just mount the
drive.  I've done that with a cloud that bricked itself, plugged it
into my Linux box, and double-clicked the icon that appeared on the
desktop for the large partition, and the system mounted it for me.

--

uname -rsvp
Linux 3.10.0-1127.19.1.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue Aug 25 17:23:54 UTC 2020 x86_64

Boilerplate:  All unexpected mail to my mailbox is automatically deleted.