Thanks very much! I have not been able to see a recent listing of differences
between mutt and neomutt so that is good to know that mutt may be enough for me
(in terms of features). I will take a look there.

Thanks also for your thoughts on my original topic.

Ranjan

On Thu, 15 Oct 2020 14:17:00 +1100 Cameron Simpson <c...@cskk.id.au> wrote:

> On 14Oct2020 18:45, Ranjan Maitra <mai...@email.com> wrote:
> >I have been mulling a move from sylpheed to neomutt
>
> Try regular mutt. A lot of development has happened in the last year or
> so, and neomutt may no longer have many features not now available in
> the mainline.
>
> Also, join the mutt-users mailing list:

>     http://www.mutt.org/mail-lists.html
>
> >(because it is not clear to me that sylpheed's development is happening all
> >that much which is a worrisome sign for its future) and so am also deciding
> >on whether to keep the mh folder structure or move to Maildir. I do have a
> >lot of subfolders so it is a bit of a pain to convert everything, but I
> >think that I can probably write a script for doing so.
>
> Plenty of us have scripts for this kind of thing, and you can even batch
> invoke moutt for such a conversion (with some scripting around it).
>
> >But I wanted to ask if it is worth it to make this change. Now, I know that
> >sylpheed's mh structure is not exactly the same because it puts in some
> >marks and sequences in each directory and does not touch the traditional
> >.mh_sequences touch, but I do not see if that will matter much in terms of
> >the conversion.
>
> Mutt will read mbox, Maildir and MH. So you don't need to make both
> changes at once.
>
> >Anyway, thoughts? I simply want to know if it is worth making the change
> >which will require some scripting (and some inevitable disruption).
>
> I moved to Maildir from MH folders many years ago. Maildir at least has
> good concurrency support (race free message insertion).
>
> My current setup is Maildir for folders I'm active in (primary inbox,
> folders for things I use a lot - python, mutt, so forth). I use mbox for
> infrequently accessed folders and archive folders, as it is more compact
> in terms of disc usage.
>
> Cheers,
> Cameron Simpson <c...@cskk.id.au>

Important Notice: This mailbox is ignored: e-mails are set to be deleted on