On Sat, 17 Oct 2020 09:20:50 -0400 Tom Horsley <horsley1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Oct 2020 21:11:27 -0500
> Ranjan Maitra wrote:
>
> > as is happening with sylpheed
>
> Didn't sylpheed transform into claws-mail? Claws-mail seems
> to get regular updates.

Hi Tom,

Thanks! Originally, sylpheed-claws was a sort of enhancement to sylpheed, but
claws-mail is supposed to be a different product. (For instance, there are
differences in how each handle MH folders.  Each have their own different
ways.) Regardless, it is very difficult to incorporate other sending programs
with claws-mail or sylpheed, and there is no documentation on how to do that
and no one ever responded to my post enquiring details on both mailing lists
(well, one person responded on claws-mail saying that he saw my similar post on
the sylpheed ML). This creates an issue when you have to incorporate things
like non-google OAUTH2 (MS O365) authentication in the sending and retrieving
e-mail. So, I decided to move to mutt (originally, neomutt) which appears to
have a larger community of users and also has chances of having greater staying
power in the long term.

But I am now thinking that I will use mutt with MH folders for now. If the
famed race issues do not crop up for me, then we are good. And then if they
crop up and I need to shift shop, I will not be dealing with learning mutt and
Maildir folders at the same time.

Ranjan