On 2021-01-25 15:32, George N. White III wrote:
At the time, festival had better voices than espeak (and
festival currently has a Fedora package).
.
Upon reading that I "dnf installed festival"

It is easy to us and does what I want from the command line, I can feed it any text file, it converts it in a few seconds and reads it to me. It sounds like a low picnicked female voice but needs a few milliseconds more gap between words.

]$ festival -v
festival: Festival Speech Synthesis System: 2.5.0:release December 2017

I would like to reconfigure the voice sound but have not determined how to do it? The man page is not much help in this regard, there is an option for language but I was not able to change it, it just tells me English is installed and i think that is what I want anyway.

Does anyone have experience with 'festival' ?

--
Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA
FEDORA-32/64bit LINUX XFCE Fastmail POP3