On Tue, Jan 10, 2023 at 2:41 PM bruce <badoug...@gmail.com> wrote:

> hey...
>
> just curious.. no flames..
>  for you guys who are sysadmins. what linux do you run in production?
> any reasons why you use the flavor you use/?

> I’m retired, but many production systems have to support commercial
applications, which for my group doing remote sensing, included Matlab,
IDL, and SeaSpace Terrascan.   These all ran on UNIX before linux
enterprise versions were available. RedHat was often the first linux to be
supported by our applications, so became the default choice, and never gave
us reasons to look elsewhere.  Although other distros were added to the
lists supported by many commercial applications, application support was
usually better for RH.

--
George N. White III