On Mon, 2023-10-16 at 18:08 +0200, Patrick Dupre wrote:
> On one computer I can wake up the computer in suspend mode by pressing
> escape, on the other one, I have to push the ON/OFF button.
> How can I manage this behavior?

You may have BIOS options, or jumpers on older motherboards, about
supplying power to the ports.  Some boards don't supply enough power
during shutdown to run the keyboard, unless a 5VSB (five volt standby)
mode is changed for the port.

You could have a keyboard that needs more power than it's getting.  The
fancy illuminated ones need more power than basic ones.  Try swapping
them around, see if that makes any difference.

Or, you may have wake-up options that need enabling for the keyboard,
perhaps the particular key you want to press.

You might have to plug the keyboard into a specific port.

--

NB:  All unexpected mail to my mailbox is automatically deleted.
I will only get to see the messages that are posted to the list.

The following system info data is generated fresh for each post:

uname -rsvp
Linux 6.2.15-100.fc36.x86_64 #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Thu May 11 16:51:53
UTC 2023 x86_64