Patrick Dupre wrote:
> OK, I checked the Bios options:
> These what I have (3 options)
> AC Recovery:
> Power Off, Power On, Last Power State
> Right now I Power Off is set, maybe I should set Last Power State

This is what you want the PC to do if the power fails while it's
running.  Do you want it to stay off, turn on, or do the same as it was
when the power failed (turn back on if it was on, or stay off if it was
off).

There can be a bit of overlap between what it does after a power
failure, and what it does if there was no power failure (you shut the
PC down normally, and later on you just switched it on at the wall).
That's probably on PCs expecting a shutting-down system to set some
flag, and possibly only Windows does what *it* wanted.

But it shouldn't affect waking up.

> Deep Sleep Control:
> Disabled, Enabled in S5 only, Enabled in S4 and S5
> Right now, it is the mode Enabled in S4 and S5 with is set
> a note says that with this mode the Remote wakeup will be disabled when
> the system is shutdown or in hibernate mode.
> May, I should disabled this mode.

I never remember what the different sleep modes do (and they're
probably different on different motherboards), but that's generally
talking about wake-on-lan (a specific byte sequence sent to the
ethernet port).  Wake from keyboard *ought* to be separate, but
possibly not.

You could try changing it, and see if it makes any difference.  Only
change one setting at a time, and test it, if you want to be sure about
what you really needed to change.

You could look around for alarm events (things that are used to wake it
up, such as timers, keyboard, USB, etc).

> Block Sleep:
> On or Off
> Right now it is Off:
> When Enabled, the system will not go to sleep.
> What would I do?

This one I don't know.

It could be a setting that it stops the motherboard firmware from
putting it to sleep if it considers its been left idly running, leaving
everything up to your operating system to control.

It could be a setting that sleep/hibernate options are disabled, and
the PC will do a full shutdown, instead, or do nothing.

There are some systems that do not reliably sleep/hibernate/wake.
Sometimes it's bugs, or compatibility.  Sometimes it's the power
supply, which doesn't supply enough current in stand-by mode for the
PC.

--

uname -rsvp
Linux 3.10.0-1160.99.1.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Wed Sep 13 14:19:20 UTC 2023 x86_64

Boilerplate:  All unexpected mail to my mailbox is automatically deleted.