On Mon, Oct 23, 2023 at 7:23 PM Tom Horsley <horsley1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 23 Oct 2023 18:18:17 -0500
> Roger Heflin wrote:
>
> > Is your TV a Smart TV and is it connected to the internet in some way?
>
> Yea, I asked the same question on a samsung forum to find out
> if some samsung update is responsible, but since I just tried booting
> the previous kernel, the banner display has stopped, so I suspect
> linux more than samsung :-).

      If it helps any, my monitor at work is also Samsung and it shows
every so often a simple black-n-white banner on the top left saying
which HDMI port it is using *if* the laptop was sleeping and I just
tapped the external keyboard to wake it up. After a bit it will then
show the screen where I can unlock the screen.