type this In the address bar:  about:performance
click on the memory column and sort by biggest first.
see what specific web pages are using excessive ram (usually close to
1gb or more).   click on the tab: entryh that sucks and a X will
appear on the far right, and click the X and the specific tab gets
killed..
weather.com and reddit.com are the ones that typically misbehave for me.

I think firefox needs a simple feature that basically says if any tab
uses X kill/restart it.