On Tue, Dec 5, 2023 at 9:45 PM home user <mattis...@comcast.net> wrote:

> (Fedora 38; home workstation; Thunderbird 115.5.0)
>
> In early October, I upgraded from Fedora-37 to Fedora-38.  Since then,
> I've been consistently experiencing two types of misbehavior in Thunderbird.
>
> 1. When I switch e-mail accounts or folders within an e-mail account, the
> list of messages (shows subject, sender, date, time, etc.) consistently
> scrolls away from the most recent message by several lines.  It also often
> does this when I manually scroll to a desired message and select it.
> Further, when I delete a message, the message list scrolls by several lines.
>
> 2. In the calendar, when I select a date and click any of the New Event
> things (button, menu item, etc.), the Thunderbird window locks up.  I have
> to click the New Event thing a few times before Thunderbird unlocks.  Then
> a few new event GUIs pop up.  After that, I am able to create the new event.
>
> These problems showed up immediately after the F37 to F38 upgrade.  So the
> problems seem more likely to be the Fedora upgrade rather than Thunderbird
> itself.  Six Thunderbird patches (according to dnf history) since the
> upgrade have made no difference.
>
> How do I fix this?

I use two Thunderbird on two systems that were upgraded from F37 to F38
without problems, but recently did a fresh install of F39 on both systems
and have not encountered problems with Thunderbird (using Gnome/Wayland).
In the past I have had problems with Thunderbird upgrades that were
"solved" by deleting the old ~/.thunderbird and configuring from scratch.

--
George N. White III