It is almost certainly going to be a memory issue.

In fact earlier today Firefox made my 32G windows 11 device mostly
useless (not a complete lockup for anything but firefox, but
everything else was horribly slow).

I have had to kill firefox on multiple different websites and multiple
different machines.  On ones with a lot of ram they don't lockup, but
on lower ram devices (16G and under) they start paging and become
otherwise useless and lock up enough that the power off button is the
fastest solution.

If you have a second device that you can ssh into the first device,
ssh into the first device and run top and leave it running.  On lockup
see what top last said before you reset/powered it off.

You could also do top > top.out & and simply leave that running and
the go see what top was showing next lockup.