On 04/15/2011 11:14 AM, Colin Paul Adams wrote:
>      >>  Perhaps I could NOW try a yum install (with an option to force
>      >>  install already installed packages), and that would future-proof
>      >>  me until next time I install from scratch.
>      james>  On Drivers that need to be updated with the kernel may not
>      james>  happen when kernel is updated , and the next time around when
>      james>  you do a "yum update" they get updated.
>
> That's too late. Since it's a notebook, I re-boot it nearly every time I
> want to use it. So when it re-boots, there will be no functioning
> network in such a situation.
>
>      james>  I assume you do have the rpmfusion.rpms installed ?
>
> I assume so too. I haven't checked recently.

Does your ethernet eth0 (wired connection) connect after booting  ?

The kmod-wl is a wireless adapter driver and comes from rpmfusion.org
after you install the: Run command in terminal as user below. That is if
your ethernet eth0 connection is connecting.

Copy and Paste the complete command below into terminal.

su -c 'yum localinstall --nogpgcheck
http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/rpmfusion-free-release-stable.noarch.rpm

http://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/fedora/rpmfusion-nonfree-release-stable.noarch.rpm'