Hello list members!

I'm having a hard time trying to make moodle work on my Fedora 16.

Few days ago I got the greatest news: one of my clients is moving to Moodle and that means a lot of work for this year. The Moodle server will be in their headquarters and someone will take care of it, so no problem there. But I have to move 80 and something courses from another CMS to Moodle, and the production server will not be available in a while...

I want to setup a local development server to start migrating the courses, and also to maintain them and move ready copies of the courses to production.

Yesterday I installed moodle from the repositories, together with a bunch of dependencies, http and php + php modules.

Then I fought against moodle for the rest of the day as it appears that it did not allow me to use any directory to be its data directory. I finally solved that this morning with some SElinux magic after few hours of reading.

I pointed the browser to localhost/moodle and tada! welcome page. Click next. Error, cannot continue, php-zip is missing. I yum search for it, and it is not on any repository. I confirmed it does not exist in any repo, so.... well, here I am now.

Questions:
- How can I install php-zip?
I am comfortable on Linux, been using Fedora since it exists, on 3 different computers at home. I have made my share of administering them and they all work so far :-) although I have never installed anything from source. So, what would be the easiest way to install php-zip? Can I get somewhere the srpm and build it? Or do I really have to uninstall php and install from scratch with "enable zip"? This last bit scares me.

- Is it possible somehow to make moodle accept as data folder one folder in /home? I couldn't make it work. At the moment it resides in /var/www/moodledata, but I'd like to move it under /home as this partition is much bigger.

I'm sure more things will come up, I'd appreciate any and all the help you could offer.

Cheers,
Ester