On 01/14/2012 05:29 PM, Swapnil Bhartiya wrote:
On 01/14/2012 11:22 PM, sean darcy wrote:
On 01/14/2012 04:49 PM, Swapnil Bhartiya wrote:
On 01/14/2012 10:30 PM, sean darcy wrote:
I'm trying to transfer files from F16 to my Galaxy Nexus. Ive rebuilt
libmtp for 1.1.2, whci supports the phone.

mtp-detect finds it:

mtp-detect
libmtp version: 1.1.2

Listing raw device(s)
Device 0 (VID=04e8 and PID=6860) is a Samsung GT-P7510/Galaxy Tab
10.1/S2/GT-N7000/Galaxy Nexus.
Found 1 device(s):
Samsung: GT-P7510/Galaxy Tab 10.1/S2/GT-N7000/Galaxy Nexus
(04e8:6860) @
bus 2, dev 7
libmtp supported (playable) filetypes:
Folder
Text file
HTML file
RIFF WAVE file
ISO MPEG-1 Audio Layer 3
MPEG video stream
JPEG file
GIF bitmap file
JFIF file
Portable Network Graphics
TIFF bitmap file
Microsoft Windows Media Audio
Ogg container format
Advanced Audio Coding (AAC)/MPEG-2 Part 7/MPEG-4 Part 3
MPEG-4 Part 14 Container Format (Audio+Video Emphasis)
ISO MPEG-1 Audio Layer 2
Abstract Playlist file
XML file
Free Lossless Audio Codec (FLAC)
OK.

But nothing shows up as files. I can't find anything on yum that would
act as a file manager. How do I actually transfer files to the nexus?

MTP is broken under GNU/Linux. I filed bug reports with the project but
nothing happening there. You can use web-based apps to transfer data
between the two devices. You don't need to install anything on your
Linux box.

http://www.muktware.com/articles/3115/how-connect-your-android-device-linux-ubuntu-opensuse

This is for Ubuntu but since OS is irrelevant it will work with Fedora
as well.

Swapnil
That has the same problem as WiFi File Explorer: you can't copy folders,
only files.

Right. It can export folders but as compressed. What I used to do was
create a folder of same name and then copy all files. Much simpler than
borrowing windows.

Swapnil
Yeah, but that doesn't work for nested folders.

BTW, I'm not sure MTP is busted, but the Fedora repository just doesn't have a front-end to libmtp.

And yes, it's only some Android phones that can't use usb mass storage: but it's any phone without a removable storage card.

sean