On Sat, 2012-01-14 at 23:15 +0100, Swapnil Bhartiya wrote:

> Android 3.x and after (4.0) dropped mass storage support and uses MTP so
> every device which is running 3.x or 4.x uses MTP. Yes, if it also has a
> SD card that the SD card can be mounted as mass storage. MTP has
> advantage as there is no restriction on how much storage to be reserved
> for application thus allowing one to install as many applications as she
> wants.
>
> Since Android 4.x is going to be the OS installed on all Android devices
> it is a big challenge for Linux distros.
>
> Swapnil
> PS: How about starting a petition asking Google to release a Linux
> client for Android 4.x???
----
The idea that the SD storage cards aren't supported for host computer
mounting from ICS or Honeycomb is simply not true and we've been down
the road on this conversation on this list about 6 weeks ago
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/users/2011-December/408840.html

The OP would probably want to check out this forum thread with the
solution.
http://www.fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=262051

I don't profess any knowledge on the current state of mptfs code but
all of the telephone OS's have been moving targets - ask anyone who
tries to connect any current iPhone to Linux.

Craig

believed to be clean.