On 01/07/14 10:18, Jake Dancer wrote:

> Hello,
>    I'm running with a fully updated Fedora 20 system.  When I click on the
> "activities" icon in the upper left corner, I get the favorites list, except
> the bottom part is now cut off.  I believe Gnome should be switching to a
> small set of icons for the list.  Up until a few days ago I would see the
> complete list using smaller icons, but no longer.  I have quite a few
> packages installed on this system, so it's possible that one of them is
> messing up Gnome's icon switching software.  Does anyone have any idea where
> Gnome hides the favorites list?  I think it should be in my home directory,
> but multiple searches have not located it.   I have this problem on multiple
> machines, but they all have the same packages installed.  What I would like
> to do is temporarily remove each favorite item, one at a timeto see which
> icron is causing the trouble/  Any better ideas to try?

Not being a GNOME user I don't have any particular better idea.  However, your
suggestion has one "problem".  The information about favorites it kept in
~/.config/dconf/user and is not plain text.

[egreshko@meimei dconf]$ pwd
/home/egreshko/.config/dconf
[egreshko@meimei dconf]$ file user
user: GVariant Database file, version 0

--
Getting tired of non-Fedora discussions and self-serving posts