> On 12/17/14 10:31, Jim Lewis wrote:
>>   Yes, when I couldn't find the full install DVD I settled for the
>> Mate-Compiz spin and have been configuring it for the last few days. I
>> now have to manually install a whole lot of packages that were just
>> there by default before.
>
> FWIW, the full (4.5GB) install DVD is no longer produced.  The closest you
> could come would be to use the "net install" ...
>
> You can get that from this page...
> https://getfedora.org/en/server/download/
>
> It will then allow you to select your "Base Environment" and "Add-ons".

  My actual steps were this:

 - Burn and install Fedora Workstation. Found it totally useless for me.

 - Burn and install Fedora-Server. Same thing, not even a GUI.

 - Burn and install Mate-Compiz. Not bad, at least close what I used to
get with a full install.

 - The Fedora-Server-inst ISO is mentioned (just like you have) so I find,
burn, and begin to install it. I am very happy, I can choose Mate, and it
looks like I am finally going to get a good install. I then get stopped
by Bug 1130550, which looks like something to do with httrack which I
think is in the Security package (not sure of my facts here). I
investigate, and attempt to install again this time without as many
Add-ons. The install goes a whole lot farther, but when I come back to
check on it the laptop is dead, except for the Caps Lock light which is
blinking about twice a second (never seen that before). I might assume
that the Screensaver came on causing this issue, but why that is not
disabled during an install just baffles me (along with a lot of these
other decisions).

   I had wiped out my Mate-Compiz install to try "inst" but since it
seemed to work I went back to it. Have a lot of it configured (I can
even scan, whooo hoooo!), but keep running into missing packages and
features. I guess I took these things for granted with a full install.

Jim Lewis