Thanks. Following your instructions, I did the following:

Set Build Commands
No filetype commands
Set Exe Bit                            chmod +x %f

Now, whatever script is open will get the executable bit set when I click on
Set Exe Bit.

Thanks to all the help from all who answered. :-)

Andrew Kennedy

Sent via personal computer"It is always too soon to quit."

    On Sunday, September 2, 2018, 1:42:41 PM CDT, Colomban Wendling
<lists....@herbesfolles.org> wrote:

 Hi,

Le 02/09/2018 à 10:54, Andrew Kennedy via Users a écrit :
> I edit and test a lot of scripts using Geany.
>
> Is there a way to make an open script executable using Geany instead of
> having to do it using my file manager?

Not by default, but you could get this to work a few different ways I
guess.  One way I can think of is defining a build command to `chmod +x
"%f"`.

Regards,
Colomban