On Mon, 28 Nov 2022 at 10:52, Ray Andrews via Users
<users@lists.geany.org> wrote:

> On 2022-11-27 14:42, Lex Trotman via Users wrote:
> > AFAIK no current compiler allows stepping through code, thats the
> > debugger's job.
> >
> > Try the debugger and scope plugins.
> >
> > Cheers
> > Lex
>
> Thanks Lex I will.  Any doc you'd recommend to get me up to speed?

Plugins are written and maintained by individuals, so its whatever
that individual wrote with the plugin.

Debugger seems to be undocumented, scope has a couple of HTMLs that it
will install (or you can get them from github and read them).

Its likely that a knowledge of the underlying GDB debugger would be
useful, its docs are available on its website
https://www.sourceware.org/gdb/

Cheers
Lex

PS as I don't use these plugins I can't really help much with their use