Hi,

    I’m having problems reading Geany messages on my Android cell
    phone.  I’m able to read messages on my desktop (win10) machine.
    A couple of months ago my Motorola Droid cell phone died a horrible
    death. I replaced it with another Motorola Droid.
    Both had the Android operating system installed.
    I had the email program activated on the dead phone and also have
    the same program active on the new phone.____

    I was able to read the Geany group emails on the old one, but not
    the new one.____

    I can see the email, but when I attempt to read the contents I get
    indicates there is no application that can decompress the file.

Works for me, replying from my Android phone using Gmail.

Need more info, but likely something in your setup, not the list.

Yes, like what email app do you use on the smartphone and did you try another email app?

I assume there is not much we can do as this list just sends emails.

In May, I updated the mailing list software to Mailman 3, even though unlikely, maybe this is related to your problem. You could try to open mails from this list which are older than that and check if those emails work.

In the end, this sounds like an issue with the email app and not with this list. Otherwise, as Lex said, we need more information what the problem might be.

Regards,
Enrico