Hey there,

o1bigtenor via Users wrote:
>Little Girl wrote:

>> I thought I'd add that a personal wiki might also be worth
>> considering for such a job.

>Have done a little bit of looking.
>
>Wikis - - - personal - - - in the linux world - - - they're moribund
>-
>- - current as of 2013.
>That's a little scary to run today - - imo.
>Wikis - - - wow - - - resource hogs one needs to run a complete
>server install.

Yeah, many of them are like that.

>May be a good idea but thats like me building tools to build tools
>to build a tool to do a job for something I'm working on for a
>project.  already have too many projects sliding from something
>doable in a month to them taking years - - - - and I'm not 20 no
>more - - - grin!

>Might be a good idea though!!

Try Zim wiki. It's a desktop wiki program that installs on your
computer like any other program without you having to run a server.
It's included in the package manager of several distributions of
GNU/Linux, is also available for Mac and Windows, and offers a PPA or
can be downloaded directly.

It creates a personal desktop environment much like you described in
your original post and is capable of readjusting lists when you insert
into them the same way LibreOffice Writer does and can also link to
and provide an interface for working with other pages.

Between Geany, LibreOffice Writer, and Zim, all my coding and writing
needs of various kinds are completely met. I'm very content with this
little trio of power tools.

Feel free to email me directly off of the list if you'd like to
explore Zim and need any help with it. I use it daily for certain
tasks.

--
Little Girl

There is no spoon.