On Thu, 22 Jun 2023 at 08:49, H via Users <users@lists.geany.org> wrote:

> On 06/21/2023 02:16 AM, Dominic Hopf wrote:
>
> So I don't have any CentOS 7 system up and running somewhere. Can you check
> if this ominous Red Hat Developer Toolset can be found on your CentOS 7
> machine and what the package name is?
> If so, that still doesn't have to mean that the build servers in the Fedora
> infrastructure responsible for building EPEL packages have the same package
> available, but I can try, at least.
>
> Regards,
> Dominic
>
> On Wed, Jun 21, 2023 at 2:57 AM H via Users <users@lists.geany.org> wrote:
> It seems Developer Toolset 7 through 11 are available freely on
> https://www.softwarecollections.org/en/scls/rhscl/ (I believe I have
> Developer Toolset 7 installed on my computer).

As Dominic noted it depends on if the infrastructure that builds the
repo packages has a new enough compiler available.  As I pointed out
previously, Centos 7 has only one year of bug and security fixes to
go, the repo build farm may not support new compiler infrastructure.

> I have not found Developer Toolset 12 there yet but since it seems version 11
> supports C/C++ 17 it ought to be sufficient.
>
> Perhaps compiling geany could be done using docker using a CentOS 7 image?

Sure, but "somebody" has to do it.  That is not really the way the
FedRedCent workflow goes so whoever does it probably has to host it
themselves.

To be honest it is looking like you need to compile it yourself, in
which case you can try the git version, not 1.38, and see if the
problem has been fixed.

Cheers
Lex